HOME-FROM-HOME: A tranquil city hideaway
Maximální počet hostů5
- Vhodné pro rodiny s dětmi
- Pračka / sušička
- Bezbariérový přístup
- Zvířata povolena
|Adresa||Bellevue Rd, EH7 4DG Edinburgh, Velká Británie|
|Typ nemovitosti||Soukromý pokoj|
|Response time||A few hours|
1. PROFILES: IN THE INTEREST OF SECURITY AND COURTESY, PLEASE COMPLETE YOUR PROFILE WITH A PHOTO AND PERSONAL DETAILS. Reservations will NOT be accepted with incomplete profile information (including photo)
2. When you receive your booking confirmation please make a note of the ADDRESS and TELEPHONE number
3. Reduced Rate for 3+ guests of 2+ nights: Please ask when booking
In these past 4 years there have been visitors from East and West:
*China * Singapore * Korea * Taiwan * Sri Lanka * Pakistan * India *Australia * N Zealand
* Norway * Sweden * Italy * Germany * Austria * Belgium * Spain
* Switzerland * France *Netherlands *Ireland * & even England!
* Canada * Chile * Brazil * USA
* Russia * Dubai *Morocco
Locals say it's like a big village. There is much green space in the city, as well as the historical Old and New Towns. Every August the Arts Festivals attract half a million visitors from 'round the world to experience the festivities. Our city has a long history hiding many secrets and stories waiting to be discovered again and again.
The guest room is in my flat, ideal for 1-3 persons, and up to 5 persons if needed - great for families as well as mixed company travellers. The room and accommodation are suitable for wheelchair users and there are no stairs. Oriental rugs scattered throughout on wool fitted carpets ensure a rich and cozy ambiance.
The garden flat is near on the edge of the New Town, close to the very heart of historic, beautiful Edinburgh. It is a 22-minute walk from Waverley train station on Princes St, 30 mins to the Royal Mile and 11 minutes from the closest stop (York Place) on the new Airport Tram. There are also many local bus services nearby. We are in a relaxed setting hidden behind a tall gate 35m from the nearest street, surrounded by 110-sq mtrs of private garden and a terrace with mature trees. A great place to get a view of the city, North Sea, Castle and Firth of Forth and harbour to the north, is atop our local park, Calton Hill, a 20-minute walk
There are 3 single beds (a single and a bunk bed) and two extra mattress which can be placed on the floor next to the beds if required if (Minimal floor space with mattresses in use). Families with children are welcome.
ALL BEDDING AND TOWELS ARE INCLUDED.
* There are a chest of drawers, writing desk, comfortable arm chair, large mirror and closet.
* The room is across the hall from the shared bathroom
* All linens/bedding/towels, wireless broadband, gas central heating 'power-shower', hair dryer, washing machine and drying closet are provided
* Children are welcome. There is a discount for children 5-15, and under 5 years are free.- please ask at time of booking
* Well-behaved pets are welcome
* There is a collection of maps and guides of Edinburgh and Scotland available, please ask
A Continental breakfast is included (Rolls/bread, jam, butter, coffee/tee, maybe fruit and/or muesli). Guests may use the kitchen by arrangement.
• Good bus transport is very near extending throughout Edinburgh including Service 100 from/to Airport. The Airport TRAM is an 11-minute walk.
• Key city centre points are the Olde Town/Royal Mile, Hollyrood Palace, Scottish Parliament, Royal Botanical Gardens, Museum of Scotland, National Gallery of Scotland, Museum of Modern Art, City Arts Centre, Hollyrood Palace & Queen’s Gallery and Waverley Train Station
* Parking: there is free on-street parking a 5-minute walk away or meter parking on the street. I’m delighted to share with you my insights and tips about Edinburgh. I look forward to meeting you soon!
1. Closest is No 36, 150m from door, crossing Princes St, connecting with Airport No 100 and Tram at SHANDWICK PLACE (3 min walk)
2. Leith Walk/London Road- 5, 7, 10, 11, 12, 14, 15, 16, 22, 25. 44, 45, 49 (8 minute walk)
3.Broughton St/Bellevue/Inverleith Row past Botanical Gardens - 8
4. Inverleith Row/Canonmills/Botanics- 23, 27 (15 min walk)
*** PLEASE BE SURE TO COMPLETE YOUR PROFILE***
To help you enjoy your stay, please observe the following guide:
• PLEASE GIVE ME YOUR ARRIVAL TIME IN ADVANCE. If you are delayed, please telephone. I will wait for your arrival up to one hour past your expected time if I must go out.
• no smoking inside please - garden outside is available, but dispose of butts in bin
• please place shoes in the shoe rack by the door
• please wash up dishes when finished, keep kitchen tidy
• usual common courtesies as house guests & reasonable hours are appreciated
• please keep showers to 10 minutes, 0700- 2300 (7am - 11pm)
|Cena za více než 1 ubytované(ých)||20 € Cena za osobu/noc navíc|
|Maximální délka pobytu||7 nights|
|Stornovací podmínky||Středně přísné|
David is a perfect host, his place is visitor friendly, cosy and comfortable. Those who like an evening conversation after a day full of tourist activity will be fully satisfied. If one add a fantastic selection of classic, blues and jazz, the picture will be close to complete. The key factor is an unimitable atmophere.
We really enjoyed our stay with David. The room was clean, quiet and very accessible.It was close enough to the city centre to be within walking distance and just far enough out to have no traffic noise. Many thanks!
David was a very caring host. Although I took my Mom who was used to relatively hot weather to Edinburgh in winter time, David did his best to keep the room warm for us to have good night sleep. Everything in the house was neat and lovely, we really enjoy the stay. It was also very nice to know David himself as a very interesting and warm person.
David was an excellent host. He allowed us to drop our bags off early and provided us with a key so we could return in the evening as we wished. He is a pleasure to chat with and gave us excellent recommendations on restaurants nearby. The location is great. Broughton is a real neighborhood with nice shops. It is very local; not as touristy. David also recommended a 30 minute walk to Leith along the river. We recommend both the walk and Leith highly.
The only downside is that the accommodations are not up to others we've booked on Wimdu. Especially the beds, if you value sleeping comfort as much as we do. The pictures are indicative of the accommodation so if you are OK with the room, we can highly recommend David and the location is very good, especially for people who like a little bit of a walk to the sites and restaurants. It's walkable to the royal mile though uphill.
David was welcoming and helpful: lending us city maps, suggesting nice places to visit (Cramond village), waking up at 7 AM in order to make breakfast before we would head out to the great Edinburgh run! We also had the chance to listen to some live guitar! ;) And the bread was delicious! The flat is nice, a 12-minute walk from the city centre.
A very quiet room in a cosy place. David is a great host. No reason to hesitate at all !
Welcoming, quiet and characterful niche in central Edinburgh. Walking distance from all the main sights, shops etc yet no traffic noise! The room warm, peaceful and well thought out with good storage a desk, chair and comfortable armchair as well as good bed. I was able to come and go at times that suited me - no restrictions or complications. David a considerate and practical host, who made my visit a real pleasure.
I had a really great stay at David's flat in Edinburg. The flat is centrally located. It is only 10-15 minutes walk in the city center so that no public transport is needed. The flat was very clean and nicely decorated (with a very lovely garden). David was very kind and always very helpful when I had a question. I would always contact him again when I need to go back to Edinburgh.
- Ověřenou kvalitu ubytování
- Prověření každého hostitele
- Bezpečné platby prostřednictvím SSL šifrování